Facetime is a free phone and video chat service from Apple. It is installed by default on all iPhones and other Apple devices with a front-facing camera starting with IOS4. Can I use Facetime with an Android phone?
Use FaceTime with Android
There is no Facetime app for Android, but there is a possibility to participate in a FaceTime call with an Android device. However, the other party needs an Iphone with at least IOS15. The update is available for all phones with Iphone 7 or higher.
Users with a corresponding Apple device can share a link from FaceTime with which they can participate in the conferences in any browser. So you can participate with this link from any Android phone or even Windows or Linux PC.
How to invite users for FaceTime in Android
- Open the FaceTime app on your iPhone, iPad or Macbook.
- Select the option to create a link.
- A window will open where you can enter a name for the chat.
- You can share the link via mail, messages and other messengers.
- Join the room and wait for the other person to join via the link.